At the start of a new year, you may be wanting to start a clean slate, perhaps create new goals or pick up new habits. To inspire you to live your best life in 2022, check out our five top book recommendations on mindset and goal setting.
1. Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
If you find it hard to change your habits, this book is for you. Clear offers a practical guide for making good habits stick, and ditching bad ones. Through a combination of scientific facts and inspiring true stories, you’ll learn strategies and tools you can apply to your own goals.
2. Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
Ever wondered why some ideas thrive but others don’t? Made to Stick unpacks six principles that make ideas memorable and successful and teaches you how to make your own amazing ideas stick.
3. Creating Your Best Life: The Ultimate Life List Guide by Caroline Miller and Dr. Michael Frisch
If you need motivation for setting goals, check out Creating Your Best Life. You won’t just read the science behind goal setting, but Miller and Frisch provide interactive and fun exercises to help you work out your needs, ambitions and wants.
4. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Embark on a tour of your mind and understand the systems that drive the way you think. You’ll find out when you can and can’t trust your intuition and the benefits of embracing slow thinking – great advice for the workplace and your personal life.
5. The Mountain Is You: Transforming Self-Sabotage Into Self-Mastery by Brianna Wiest
The idea that we’re our own worst critic rings true for many of us. In The Mountain Is You, Wiest explains why we self-sabotage, when we do it, and how to stop it. Be prepared for some deep reflection about your habits as you learn how to overcome challenges and reach your potential.
Happy reading, and here’s to making positive change in 2022!